Call for presentations
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF PROPOSALS WAS JANUARY 11, 2009.
Presentations will be made during the Conference. They may be in the form of papers, posters, panels, etc. See annex for a list of formats and definitions. Each session is expected to have the following time allotment that includes discussion:
- Paper Session: 20 or 30 minutes
- Panel: 45 or 90 minutes
- Demonstration: 45 or 90 minutes
- Expert Lecture : 45 minutes
- Debate: 90 minutes
- Think Tank: 45 or 90 minutes
- Roundtable: 45 minutes
- Skill Building Workshop: 45 or 90 minutes
- Poster: Standing displays at designated locations
Presentation Selection Criteria
Presentations will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Consistency with Conference themes;
- Experience and knowledge of presenter(s);
- Relevance and potential usefulness of presentations for delegates; and,
- Number of presentations per presenter.
Special consideration will also be given to presenters who propose joint presentations with less experienced presenters. Not all proposals will be necessarily accepted.
Guidelines for Submitting Presentation Proposals
PROPOSALS MUST BE SUBMITTED USING THE ON-LINE FORM LINKED BELOW.
Presentation proposals must include the following:
- Title of the presentation.
- Type of presentation (paper, poster, debate, etc – see definitions). Please indicate whether you would be willing to accept an alternate presentation format.
- Names and affiliations of all presenters (or discussants for symposiums and panels). Underline the name of the presenting author (or of the organizer in the case of a symposium or panel).
- Presenter's or organizer's complete mailing address, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail address.
- Abstract (up to 150 words for an oral presentation or poster, and up to 300 words for a demonstration, expert lecture, debate, panel, think tank, roundtable or skill building Workshop).
- Biography of presenters (up to 150 words).
- Conference theme addressed by your presentation (indicate one theme only).
- Language of presentation.
Please note that a data projector, laptopand screen will be provided. All other equipment must be ordered in advance and paid for by presenters. Presentation and poster guidelines will be provided with notification of acceptance. Also note that, considering the benefits of attending the Conference, all presenters will be required to pay the Conference registration fees.
Please submit your proposal via the ON-LINE SUBMISSION FORM.
For more information, please contact Sue Ryan via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 613-725-2526
This site is maintained by the CES.
Last updated on November 17, 2009
For any problem, please contact the webmaster [Disclaimer, Privacy]
© Canadian Evaluation Society 2008-2009